An open call for local sound artists interested in eurorack modular synthesizers.
It is a opportunity to create, learn, enrich and be presented by Noise Kitchen and artist-run initiative Petrohradská kolektiv.
What and when?
• Send us the application before the deadline on 30th of June 2023.
• Until the 10th of July 2023 we will select a participant that receives the Bramborack for the first run of the project in 2023.
• To be able to pick up the Bramborack in Prague in person, we are not shipping.
• Living in Czech republic, ideally in Prague to be able to use all the benefits of the project.
• To be 18 years old and above, in case of younger participants, their legal guardian has to represent them in the contract.
What do we offer?
If you’re selected, we will provide:
• Introduction meeting with one of the authors of Bramborack David Herzig to learn how to work best with the rack.
• Zero budget lease of full equipped Bramborack for up to 45 days based on written agreement.
• An opportunity to book recording session in a sound/ voice recording studio with sound engineer Jan Duben. Maximum duration of the session is 5 hours.
• An opportunity to book mastering session of one track made on Bramborack with Oliver Torr. Maximum duration of the session is 5 hours
• Public presentation of the track in a form of live gig or a listening party.
• Participate on Noise Kitchen release with other participants at the end of the year.
• Technical support during the project.
What do we expect as a result of the project?
• New track recorded with Bramborack(not entirely) in a duration of 3 to 10min.
• Public presentation of the track in a form of live performance or streaming on Radio Punctum
• At least 10 photos from the process of producing the track for use in social media.
• Interview in a form of text or video.
What is the Bramborack?
• Bramborack is a eurorack case filled with a careful selection of modules from Noise Kitchen.
• The eurorack case is painted black with the Noise Kitchen logo on.
It’s painted by our dearest friend, artist and illustrator Anna Martynenko.
What is inside?
• A set of Bubblesound modules recreating the rich sound of synths from 60s and 70s with contemporary components. https://www.bubblesound-instruments.com/
• The Little Dieter - rich sounding full voice donated by Václav Peloušek aka Toyota Vangelis.
• Legacy wooden Bastl Instruments modules.
• If you feel the current selection is lacking something, you can pick and switch a few modules from our other demo systems too!
Thank you for your time.
The Petrohradská kolektiv is supported by the Ministry of Culture, the City of Prague, the Prague 10 Municipal District, and the National Regeneration Plan. The activities of the Noise Kitchen are supported by the Ministry of Culture. Thank you.
Petrohradská kolektiv takes care of your information. We comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other laws that protect your data. All your personal details will be deleted after the application selection procedure. Please find more information on our website.